You may have learned from Episode 1 (Thai Noodle Salad), that we love Thai food. This recipe is so good and so easy! Only 5 ingredients into the slow cooker, then some crunchy additions after its done. You’ll love it!
Slow Cooker Thai Style Beef Stew
Makes 9 servings
3.1 pound sirloin beef tip roast *see Note (could also use pork tenderloin or chicken breasts)
1 cup lower sugar teriyaki sauce *see Note
1 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
Toppings (for each serving):
2 Tbsp chopped green onions
2 tsp chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1/4 cup bean sprouts
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
* A lean cut of beef includes: flank steak, eye of round roast, moose/bison roast. Could also sub for chicken breast, chicken thigh or lean pork (nutritionals will change).
* I used San J gluten free teriyaki sauce
Trim fat from beef (if needed). Place the meat, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, garlic & crushed pepper into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove beef from slow cooker and shred. It should shred very easily. Add peanut butter to leftover liquid in slow cooker; stir well with whisk. Add beef back into the slow cooker and stir.
Top each serving with green onions, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts & cilantro.
* For no additional calories, serve over tofu shirataki or yam “miracle” noodles (as shown).
Nutrition(serving size: 1/2 cup stew, 2 Tbsp green onions, 2 Tbsp cilantro, 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 2 teaspoons peanuts, and 1 lime wedge)
Calories: 285 Fat:9.5g Protein:38g Carbohydrate: 11.8 Sugars: 7g Fiber:1.5g
Recipe is adapted from Cooking Light
Latest posts by Kristine (see all)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Bars - September 29, 2014
- How To Get Your Healthy Muffins Not To Stick - September 25, 2014
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars with Jamie Eason Natural Peanut Protein - September 23, 2014