Birthday cake….and sprinkles. Probably one of the most enjoyable treats that exist! So I figured it was about time to put it into a protein bar.
The texture of these bars are amazing. Soft, and easy to eat. You’ll want to keep them in the fridge as they’ll get quite soft at room temperature.
My homemade quest bars are one of the most popular recipes on the site. More people seem to be getting familiar with vitafiber, which is a sticky sweet syrup that is high in fiber and low in carbs, and is the key ingredient in many store-bought protein bars.
Making your own bars at home is more cost effective, and you have control over the quality of the whey protein you’re using as well as the other ingredients. It doesn’t really get much easier, since its only a few ingredients to put these together, and they taste amazing!
If you prefer chocolate cake, you could easily swap vanilla protein for chocolate, and add chocolate sprinkles instead. You could also switch things up and use peanut butter instead of coconut butter for a different version.
I hope you give them a try, and let me know what you think in the comments!
- Mix together the vitafiber, whey protein and coconut butter until it forms a dough.
- Mix in the sprinkles with a wooden spoon or clean hands.
- Press dough into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan sprayed with a light layer of cooking spray.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 bars.
- Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.