Gingerbread in a pancake? Oh yes, it can be done, and its delicious! One of my favorite flavors of the holidays in gingerbread. So in these, I use the same spices, plus a touch of molasses, and voila, we have gingerbread!
Not only are these gingerbread pancakes – gluten free, they are almost soft-cookie like. I like to drown mine in sugar free maple syrup (my favorite is Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Maple Syrup made with xylitol), and it really makes them melt-in-your-mouth.
You’ll love it (and the kids will too!). Plus, who wouldn’t want to get in the holiday spirit with these pancakes? I know I do!
- 1¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix (or pancake mix of choice)
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp molasses
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger (ground, powdered)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cloves, ground
- 2 packets stevia *optional (or other packet of sweetener, or additional 1 Tbsp sweetener of choice)
- Mix all above ingredients in 1 bowl and whisk until no lumps appear.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Spray skillet with cooking spray or oil lightly.
- Using an ice cream scoop to measure out batter, pour pancakes into pan.
- Flip after approx 2 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with a lower sugar syrup or real maple syrup.
Latest posts by Kristine (see all)
- Easy Chickpea Spring Salad with Citrus Dressing - April 4, 2016
- Carrot Cake Protein Balls - March 25, 2016
- Healthy Snacks To Make With The Kids Over Spring Break – Global BC Segment - March 18, 2016