Coconut, and more coconut. If you love coconut like I do, you will love these. The best part? They come together very quickly and are great for on the go. These are gluten-free, nut-free, can be vegan, packed with protein and are only 6 ingredients.
If you’ve ever seen energy balls in the store, you’ll know that they are quite expensive to buy. That’s why its so great to make your own. This recipe makes 20 balls, and with it being only 6 ingredients, its also very cost effective.
So next time you’re looking for a chewy ball of coconut goodness, look no further. You won’t be sorry!
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 1 cup puffed rice (I used Nature's Path)
- ½ cup whey protein, vanilla (could also use a vegan vanilla protein)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey (I used Nature's Hollow Sugar-Free Honey. Could also use agave)
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut (there will be 2-3 Tbsp leftover)
- Mix everything but the shredded coconut in a large bowl.
- Roll into 20 balls.
- Take a bit of shredded coconut in your hand and press the coconut into the ball. If you roll the balls in the coconut, it won't stick very well, so its best to give it a bit of help to press it in.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in a sealed container.
Latest posts by Kristine (see all)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Bars - September 29, 2014
- How To Get Your Healthy Muffins Not To Stick - September 25, 2014
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars with Jamie Eason Natural Peanut Protein - September 23, 2014