I’m so not crafty when it comes to homemade gifts, but this is so easy, even I could do it! These nuts are delicious and if you’re a pecan lover I think you’ll really like them! Just be sure to stir the nuts a few time throughout the cooking process so you don’t get any burnt ones.
This recipe is lightly adapted from “The Everyday Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook” by Kitty Broihier & Kimberly Mayone.
These make a great gift. Place in a mason jar with some ribbon and voila! a pretty and yummy gift!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- ¼ cup butter (or non-dairy margarine), melted
- 1½ tsps sugar, divided (I know, regular sugar is bad, but its needed, as stevia doesn't melt and its such a small amount)
- 3 packets stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps cinnamon, divided
- Place nuts in crock pot base.
- In the bowl with the melted butter, add vanilla, stevia packets and 1 tsp sugar.
- Pour over the nuts and stir well to coat them all.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for about 2 hours. Make sure you check at 30-45 minutes and stir to make sure its not burning.
- Once done, sprinkle over remaining cinnamon (1 tsp) and sugar (1/2 tsp). Lightly mix. Allow to cool completely and store in jars or eat!
Latest posts by Kristine (see all)
- 15-Minute Skillet Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola - February 3, 2016
- Peanut Butter Raspberry Mini Muffins - January 15, 2016
- Healthy Turkey Tortilla Soup - January 13, 2016