Protein pancakes are a big staple in our house. Not only are they super easy to make (4 ingredients!), they are very versatile. We don’t just eat them for breakfast. They make a great snack, and quite often I send them in my daughters lunch box as an alternative to a sandwich. Unlike traditional pancakes, these are thin, almost flatbread-like and taste like a crepe!
They are so quick and easy, plus, you can do so many things with them. I usually like to pre-make a batch so I always have some handy in the fridge. Some of my favorite ways to eat them is to cut them up and pop in the toaster for a quick breakfast or wrap it around a banana with some almond butter (instead of a tortilla) for a snack. Strawberries & low fat cream cheese stuffed inside (see above), is delicious.
You can top them with sweet things (my fave)
Here is cream cheese, nectarines, syrup and cinnamon
Here is with coconut butter and strawberry jam
You can also make them savory!
I call this the Canadian. A soft egg, turkey bacon & tomato. I then drizzle with maple syrup.
- 1 cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 large carton egg whites (equivalent to 16 egg whites)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (or to taste)
- ⅓ cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 5-6 egg whites (from carton. ½ cup + 2 Tbsp or ¾ cup)
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash vanilla
- Preheat a medium sized skillet to medium heat.
- Using a blender (or Magic Bullet or something smaller for the single serving), add oats & cinnamon and grind into a flour. While its running add vanilla and egg whites.
- Mist pan with cooking spray.
- Using a ladle, scoop 1 spoonful of batter to the pan.
- Cook and flip like a regular pancake until browned.
– 1 Tbsp peanut butter and apple slices
– 1 Tbsp coconut butter (not the same as coconut oil) and low sugar strawberry jam
– Frozen berries cooked in the microwave and poured on top
– 1 egg, slice of turkey bacon
– 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts and fresh blueberries
– Low sugar maple-type syrup
– Frozen mango cooked in microwave and poured on top
– 1 Tbsp almond butter and sliced banana
– Sliced strawberries and 1 Tbsp low fat cream cheese or Tofutti (non-dairy substitute)
– Fresh pineapple pieces and 1 Tbsp coconut butter
Latest posts by Kristine (see all)
- Easy Chickpea Spring Salad with Citrus Dressing - April 4, 2016
- Carrot Cake Protein Balls - March 25, 2016
- Healthy Snacks To Make With The Kids Over Spring Break – Global BC Segment - March 18, 2016